High school prepares for senior citizens’ Thanksgiving dinner
More than 140 seniors are expected to be on hand for a Thanksgiving dinner on next week at Lansing High School.
But the seniors slated to attend the dinner aren't students - they're senior citizens from the Lansing community.
The dinner, which begins at noon Nov. 17 in the LHS commons, is an annual affair sponsored by the high school with the assistance of LHS Leadership.
Rachel Darrow, LHS senior class president, said the event features a traditional Thanksgiv-ing dinner and entertainment.
The senior citizens can enjoy a sit-down meal cooked by the LHS food service staff cooks and served by Leadership members, Darrow said.
"The senior citizens always look forward to it," she said. "They've told us in the past how much they enjoy the outing."
Darrow said any senior community member is welcome to the event.
More like this story
- Audit finds UMKC business school ran up deficit to boost ranking
- Kansas City Connection: Library activities go way beyond books
- Kansas City Connection: The return of the Royals, and showtime for Middle of the Map
- Kansas City Connection: Record Store Day, Malcolm Gladwell and Third Thursday
- Kansas City Connection: The Sundry shows off its suppliers