LHS prepares Thanksgiving dinner for community’s senior citizens
More than 140 seniors are expected to be on hand for a Thanksgiving dinner on next week at Lansing High School.
But the seniors slated to attend the dinner aren't students - they're senior citizens from the Lansing community.
The dinner, which begins at noon Nov. 11 in the LHS commons, is an annual affair sponsored by the high school with the assistance of LHS Leadership.
Rachel Darrow, LHS senior class president, said the event features a traditional Thanksgiving dinner and entertainment.
The senior citizens can enjoy a sit-down meal cooked by the LHS food service staff cooks and served by Leadership members, Darrow said.
"The senior citizens always look forward to it," she said. "They've told us in the past how much they enjoy the outing."
Darrow said any senior community member is welcome to the event.
More like this story
- Employer sent to prison for hiring workers illegally in U.S.
- Feds: Hotel owners replaced legal workers with immigrants
- 2015 Candidate questionnaire: James Blancarte, Linwood City Council
- Artist hopes Bonner's 'Marble Crazy' event broadens horizons
- Kansas House passes bill to authorize $1.5B in pension bonds