Thank you, vets
It's an easy declaration to make, but one that isn't said nearly often enough to those who have served or are serving in our nation's armed forces:
Those men and women who have given their time and commitment to defend our freedoms deserve much more than an honorable discharge and whatever veterans benefits the federal and state governments offer. They also deserve our unyielding gratitude.
In Lansing, it's not hard at all to find either an active or former member of the military with the proximity of Fort Leavenworth and the Veterans Affairs Hospital. So Friday, whenever you have the chance, make a veteran feel good and say thanks to him or her.
More like this story
- Kansas City Connection: Don't be a stranger to this pie social
- Kansas City Connection: A celebration of beer
- Kansas City Connection: Pick up a unique gift at an upcoming arts and crafts fair
- Kansas City Connection: Ugly sweaters, Legos for adults and KU basketball at the Sprint Center
- Hand-sewn quilt reflects history of Lecompton