Community theater winds down ‘05
A king, a queen, their shared gift for treachery among themselves and the jealous players around them create the backdrop for the River City Community Players' final production of 2005, James Goldman's "The Lion in the Winter."
The play, which is set in 12th-century Europe and directed by Breanna Danielle Swatzell Welch, will be performed at 8 p.m. Friday, Nov. 18, and Saturday, Nov. 19, at Leavenworth Performing Arts Center in the historic Hollywood Theater at Fifth and Delaware streets.
Tickets are $8 for adults, $4 for children 12 and under, and $7 each for senior citizens (60 and older), students with ID, or groups of 10 or more adults.
Call (913) 682-7557 for reservations.
More like this story
- 8 years after tornado, Greensburg to have theater again
- Stolen goods from Joyland park found with Louie the Clown
- Basehor recognizes police officers, public works employee who helped arrest sex offender
- Kansas House panel to review Democratic lawmaker's remarks
- Kansas City Connection: Char Bar, Sleater-Kinney, Zubaz and giant Lego sculptures