Fundraiser to aid 1998 LHS graduate
Friends of Jennifer Rodriguez, a 1998 Lansing High School graduate, will stage an event Saturday, Nov. 19, to help raise money to pay for rehabilitative equipment.
Rodriguez was paralyzed in March when she was shot during an act of domestic violence. The piece of equipment she needs costs $7,000, said Millie Heim.
The event will begin at 8:30 a.m. at Lansing High School. A pancake breakfast and silent auction will run from 8:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. An art camp will be conducted from 9 a.m. to noon, and a dodgeball tournament will take place from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Breakfast, which will be provided by Chris Cakes of Louisburg, will cost $6 for adults and $4 for children 10 and younger.
More like this story
- Kansas City Connection: The return of the Royals, and showtime for Middle of the Map
- New Kansas rules would limit spending of welfare benefits
- Artist hopes Bonner's 'Marble Crazy' event broadens horizons
- 8 years after tornado, Greensburg to have theater again
- Kansas City Connection: Record Store Day, Malcolm Gladwell and Third Thursday