Fundraiser to aid 1998 LHS graduate
Friends of Jennifer Rodriguez, a 1998 Lansing High School graduate, will stage an event Saturday, Nov. 19, to help raise money to pay for rehabilitative equipment.
Rodriguez was paralyzed in March when she was shot during an act of domestic violence. The piece of equipment she needs costs $7,000, said Millie Heim.
The event will begin at 8:30 a.m. at Lansing High School. A pancake breakfast and silent auction will run from 8:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. An art camp will be conducted from 9 a.m. to noon, and a dodgeball tournament will take place from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Breakfast, which will be provided by Chris Cakes of Louisburg, will cost $6 for adults and $4 for children 10 and younger.
More like this story
- Kansas City Connection: The return of the Royals, and showtime for Middle of the Map
- Kansas student's budget documentary stirs controversy
- New Kansas rules would limit spending of welfare benefits
- Kansas Senate leader sees budget cuts after tax plan fails
- Budget, taxes head up crowded agenda for Kansas Legislature