LHS students try to cage teacher
Lansing High School students have one more Thanksgiving event on their plate before going home for a break.
LHS Kayettes are collecting money for a Lansing family whose home was destroyed in a recent fire. As an incentive for students to donate, the Kayettes have arranged for English teacher Kathryn Bach to wear a turkey suit at lunch on Monday if the group collects $350. If students donate $500 dollars, Bach will wear the suit and sit in a cage.
Last year, the drive earned about $800 and sent principal Steve Dike into the cage wearing the suit, Kayettes sponsor Debra Hutton said.
The turkey suit that Bach may have to sport was made by LHS 2005 graduate Kelsey Fallesen and her mother, Hutton said.
More like this story
- Kansas City Connection: Sushi and Sufjan
- Kansas City Connection: Sorting through the hoopla of the Big 12 tournament
- Face to Face: Bonner Springs Senior Center's Gloria Ochoa
- Kansas City Connection: Record Store Day, Malcolm Gladwell and Third Thursday
- Salina company acquires 13 vintage record presses