PTA book fair starts today
Lansing Parent-Teacher Association will extend the community a "Welcome to the Kingdom of Reading" this week at its fall book fair.
Family Night at the book fair will be today, Thursday, from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. at Lansing Elementary School, 210 E. Mary St. The fair will continue for students before and after school in the elementary and intermediate school libraries on Friday, Nov. 18, and Monday, Nov. 21.
Books are available for babies, preschoolers, elementary through high school students and adults, said Monica Wagner, who coordinated the event. She said between 600 and 700 titles will be available at the fair.
"We have something for everyone," Wagner said. "I have lots and lots of books."
The book fair helps Lansing PTA raise money for the elementary and intermediate school libraries and earns librarians a "substantial" number of books to increase their inventory, Wagner said.
Wagner said about 25 parent volunteers will help to run the fair.
More like this story
- Kansas City Connection: The return of the Royals, and showtime for Middle of the Map
- Kansas City Connection: Record Store Day, Malcolm Gladwell and Third Thursday
- Kansas City Connection: Sorting through the hoopla of the Big 12 tournament
- Kansas City Connection: City Market a hub for delicious ethnic food
- Kansas City Connection: Banjos and beignets