Author to speak at museum
Johnny Johnston will talk about his new book, "Leavenworth Penitentiary," next week at Lansing Historical Museum.
Johnston will speak at 7 p.m. Monday, Nov. 29, at the museum, 115 E. Kansas Ave. The talk will take place after the final meeting of the year of the Lansing Historical Society, which begins at 6 p.m. at the museum.
Copies of "Leavenworth Penitentiary" will be for sale at the event, with a portion of the sales going to the museum.
More like this story
- New Kansas rules would limit spending of welfare benefits
- Kansas clergy says refugee order violates religious liberty
- Kansas properties nominated for national historic register
- Kansas City Connection: Newer venues to get your KC music fix
- Kansas City Connection: Record Store Day, Malcolm Gladwell and Third Thursday