Church to play host to Guadalupe celebration
St. Francis de Sales Church, 900 Ida St., will play host next month to a Mass and Mexican potluck fiesta for the regional Our Lady of Guadalupe celebration.
The celebration, which is open to the public, begins at 6 p.m. Monday, Dec. 12.
For those wishing to sing at the Mass, there will be a choir practice at 6:30 p.m. Tuesday, Dec. 6, at the church, Ida Street and De Soto Road.
There will be a raffle for a stained-glass hanging of Our Lady of Guadalupe, made and donated by Frances Heim of Heimhof Winery. Raffle proceeds will benefit the local Benedictine Guadalupe Sisters.
The celebration marks the anniversary of the Virgin Mary's appearance to a Mexican peasant in 1531.
For more information, call the church, 727-3742.
More like this story
- Kansas City Connection: Pick up a unique gift at an upcoming arts and crafts fair
- Young would-be robber's effort stymied by clerk's stare
- Dad of batboy, 9, who died, supports batboy tradition
- Kansas City Connection: The art of ‘Rising Up,’ and visiting some old haunts
- Kansas City Connection: Group golf and a great escape