LHS debaters earn second
Lansing High School Debate took the second-place sweepstakes title at the Osage City High School Invitational on Nov. 12. Fourteen schools attended the tournament.
Two Lansing teams competed with 30 other teams in the open division. Senior Chris Rohan and junior Miranda Nichols placed second in the division with a 4-1 record. Juniors Matt Humphreys and Michael Brooks followed with a third-place finish and 4-1 record in the open division.
Junior Matt Peterson and sophomore Hal Laurence earned a 4-1 record and placed fourth out of 28 teams in the novice division. The junior varsity team of junior Samantha Mortsolf and sophomore Nick Gabel also competed.
More like this story
- Kansas City Connection: Sorting through the hoopla of the Big 12 tournament
- BLHS Jazz Night to raise funds for band program
- Kansas City Connection: Sushi and Sufjan
- Kansas City Connection: Record Store Day, Malcolm Gladwell and Third Thursday
- Kansas City Connection: City Market a hub for delicious ethnic food