Report: Expansion of city sewer plant
Council to consider issue on Dec. 5
A preliminary report from a private engineering firm hired by the city of Basehor agrees with internal numbers released by the city concerning its sewer treatment plant.
"I don't think there was any big surprises there," Basehor mayor Chris Garcia said. "It was pretty much what we were being told."
A representative from Larkin Group told council members Monday night that the treatment plant processes an average of 330,000 gallons per day. The plant's maximum capacity is 560,000 gallons per day.
Basehor city officials estimate 75 new connections will be made to the treatment plant per year. At that rate, the city has 18 to 24 months before an expansion of the plant will be needed, Larkin Group said.
An expansion project would take approximately 18 months, city officials said. The city has not made an official decision to expand the plant.
A final report from Larkin Group will be presented to the council Dec. 5. The report will be forwarded to the Kansas Department of Health and Environment for review.
In other action Monday, the council:
- Approved, 5-0, a cereal malt beverage license for Casey's Retail Company for 2006.
- Approved, 5-0, proclaiming Nov. 21 as Hunter Lohr Day.
- Approved, 4-1, a subdivision improvements agreement for sanitary sewers for the Cedar Falls subdivision. Council member Bill Hooker voted against the agreement.
- Approved, 6-0, repealing charter ordinance 15.
- Approved, 5-0, contracting with Sunflower Broadband for telephone services.
- Approved, 4-1, contracting with Lowenthal Singleton Webb and Wilson for wastewater financial report per a request from the Kansas Department of Health and Environment.
More like this story
- Basehor-Linwood advances to state title game
- Bobcats take down Wellington in state opener
- Kansas City Connection: Char Bar, Sleater-Kinney, Zubaz and giant Lego sculptures
- Bonner drama club provides performance outlet for secondary students
- Kansas panel considers limits on public workers' bargaining