Freshman volleyball wins Atchison Tournament
The Lansing High freshman volleyball team dominated the field at the Atchison Volleyball Tournament on Saturday and rolled to the tournament title.
LHS posted a 6-0 record at the tournament and won all of its matches in two games. The Lions beat Atchison (25-20, 25-12), Patton (25-8, 25-17), Bishop Ward (25-18, 25-12) and Leavenworth (25-22, 25-11) in pool play. Then they cruised past Maur Hill, 25-15, 25-9, in the semifinals. In the championship match LHS coasted blasted Bonner Springs, 25-15, 25-19, to complete the tournament sweep.
Team members were Natalie Loreti, Dee Dee Clifford, Brooke Didde, Katie Cristiano, Keasla Hundley, Sam Pendleton, Megan Grimm, Kenzi Smith, Heather Kermascheck, Andrea Shanks and Courtney Peters. The squad was coached by Rhonda Lang.
Lansing (19-7) next plays at 5 p.m. Thursday at home against Tonganoxie, Piper and Mill Valley.
More like this story
- Remember When for June 18, 2015
- Kansas City Connection: Where comics, movies and TV shows come to life
- Animal health effort in Kansas and Missouri notes 10 years
- Kansas City Connection: 'Christmas Cheer' from a new 'Nutcracker' to Charles Dickens
- Audit finds UMKC business school ran up deficit to boost ranking