Mistrial declared in Wood Oil robbery and rape trial
The trial in the December 2004 robbery and rape at Wood Oil ended Tuesday afternoon with a mistrial declared by Leavenworth County District Judge Frederick Stewart.
Stewart did not specify the grounds for mistrial, except that the defense attorney, Charles Lamb, had moved for a mistrial. A new trial was scheduled for Nov. 14.
The defendant, a 26-year-old Kansas City, Kan., man, remains in the Leavenworth County Jail without bond.
See Thursday's Lansing Current for more on this story.
More like this story
- Searching for signs of Spring to end winter blues
- Backyard Beauty: Basehor area resident turns yard into wildlife habitat
- Report: Corn planting in Kansas reaches 14 percent
- Generating change: Ag Hall looks to reinfuse energy with Barnyard Babies event
- Kansas City streetcar construction to finish this fall