LHS football returns to rankings
After spending the first two weeks of the season ranked in Metro Sports' Super 25 poll, the Lansing High football team was bounced from the rankings.
This week, however, the Lions reentered the poll at No. 23. The return to the rankings comes after Lansing rattled off a three-game winning streak. The streak could reach four with a victory at 7 p.m. Friday night against Immaculata at Frank Graham Field.
Lansing is the only Kaw Valley League team in this week's poll. LHS opened the season ranked No. 25 and then jumped to No. 23 after beating then-No. 23 Tonganoxie in the season-opener. Mill Valley began the season ranked No. 24.
To view the complete poll, go to http://www.kcmetrosports.com/highschool/footballsuper25.asp
More like this story
- Basehor-Linwood boys clinch spot at state
- Survivors of Jewish sites shooting victims plan remembrance
- BLHS senior noted among incoming Pitt State students
- The show must go on: Walcott competes at KU Relays, performs in school play in same night
- Bonner drama club provides performance outlet for secondary students