Chamber seeks Athena candidates
The Leavenworth-Lansing Area Chamber of Commerce is seeking nominations for the 2005 Athena Businesswoman of the Year Award.
The purpose of the Athena Award is to recognize that woman who, through a combination of her professionalism, business accomplishments, community service and chamber of commerce activity, has made significant contribution to the role of women in business.
The Leavenworth-Lansing Area Chamber of Commerce was one of the first chambers of commerce in the country to participate in the Athena Award Program, presenting its first Athena sculpture to the Leavenworth-Lansing area's Businesswoman of the Year in 1986.
Nominees must meet one of the following: Be either a chamber member, an employee of a chamber member, the spouse of a chamber member or the spouse of an employee of a chamber member.
Forms are available at the chamber offices, 518 Shawnee St., in Leavenworth. Application forms are also available on line at leavenworth-lansing-areachamberofcommerce.com.
Nominations must be received at the Chamber offices by Monday, Nov. 14.
The award will be given during a luncheon on Nov. 22.
For more information, contact the chamber, 638-4112.
More like this story
- Shatner to ride through Kansas on Thursday
- Kansas City Connection: Eating recommendations for moms (and everyone else)
- Kansas City Connection: Sorting through the hoopla of the Big 12 tournament
- Community walk to mark 1-year anniversary of shootings at Jewish sites
- Push on to make catfish a Kansas state symbol