Hall of famers
Lansing residents Tom and Teresa Young were inducted Saturday into the Baker University Hall of Fame, becoming the first husband-wife duo enshrined in the school's hall. From 1977 to 1981, Tom Young, a Lansing High School graduate and president of Young Sign Co. in Leavenworth, was a four-year letter winner on the Wildcat basketball team, and he was team captain his senior year. Teresa Young, a director with the Federal Occupational Health unit of the Department of Health and Human Services, was a star pitcher on the Baker softball team from 1977 to 1981.
More like this story
- Kansas City Connection: Sorting through the hoopla of the Big 12 tournament
- New Kansas rules would limit spending of welfare benefits
- Kansas City Connection: More holiday events, tasty eats and food for your ears
- Kansas City Connection: Getting pumped for postseason baseball
- Face to Face: Bonner Springs chiropractor Martha Aitkens