Lansing residents participate in KC Marathon festivities
The Waddell & Reed Kansas City Marathon took place Sept. 24 in Kansas City, Mo., and six Lansing residents took part in the various races.
Beth Hilt and Daniel Orchard-Hays both started and finished the full marathon. Hilt, 46, covered the course in 5:33.54 and placed 10th in her age group. Orchard-Hays placed 44th in his age group by finishing his race in 4:48.08.
Four Lansing residents - Bruce Phillips, Tony Smith, Susan Olander and LuAnne Smith - completed the half marathon, and Lansing residents Chet Kozak, Mandi Fink and Linda Dolsberry ran the five-kilometer race. Kozak, 50, placed ninth in his age group by running the 5K in 24:12.
More like this story
- Basehor-Linwood wrestlers take third in KVL
- Kansas City Connection: Sorting through the hoopla of the Big 12 tournament
- Kansas City Connection: Grinders Pizza and Celebration at the Station
- Basehor, Bonner area students receive collegiate honors
- Budget, taxes head up crowded agenda for Kansas Legislature