Volunteer of year nominations sought
Nominations are being accepted for the 2005 Lansing Volunteer of the Year.
The award has been given annually since 1996. The 2004 Volunteer of the Year was Mike Neve, a former assistant warden at the Lansing Correctional Facility and longtime community activist and volunteer.
Nominations, including a letter of recommendation telling why the nominee should receive the award can be e-mailed to John Bennett, the 2000 award winner, at firstname.lastname@example.org or sent to City Hall, 800 First Terrace, Lansing 66043, Attention: Karen Logan, Volunteer of the Year.
The deadline for nominations is Monday, Oct. 10. The volunteer will be recognized at a dinner Oct. 24.
More like this story
- Kansas City Connection: More holiday events, tasty eats and food for your ears
- Kansas City Connection: Library activities go way beyond books
- Kansas City Connection: Record Store Day, Malcolm Gladwell and Third Thursday
- BSHS grad returns to Bonner to promote book
- Kansas City Connection: The return of the Royals, and showtime for Middle of the Map