Church to have guest speaker
A man who partnered with a television star to co-found an evangelical ministry will speak later this month at Open Door Baptist Church in Kansas City, Kan.
Ray Comfort, author of more than 40 books and co-founder of The Way of the Master Ministries, will speak at 10:30 a.m. Sunday, Oct. 23, at the Church, 3033 N. 103rd Terrace in Kansas City, Kan.
The theme of his message will be how Jesus brought sinners face-to-face with their need for salvation.
In addition to his writing, Comfort partnered with Kirk Cameron - best known for his role on the TV show "Growing Pains" to build The Way of the Master Ministries.
More like this story
- Kansas governor signs nation's 1st ban on abortion procedure
- Kansas closer to allowing concealed carry with no permit
- Basehor recognizes police officers, public works employee who helped arrest sex offender
- Judge blocks Kansas' ban on 2nd-trimester abortion procedure
- USD 458 employee becomes 2015 district graduate