Lansing student attends camp
Lansing resident Kristin Hoffpauer joined nearly 60 other seventh- and eighth-graders from across Kansas at the second annual MoneySmart Financial Management Camp.
The camp is run by Kansas State Treasurer Lynn Jenkins.
"MoneySmart is a unique opportunity for Kansas's children," Jenkins said. "We focused on teaching finance and leadership skills, but combined it with horseback riding, canoeing and other traditional camp activities."
The camp was Sept. 23-25.
More like this story
- Topeka Zoo denies claims that their elephants are lonely
- Bond increase for Kansas man charged with molestation
- Shatner to ride through Kansas on Thursday
- Billionaire buys Woodlands racing complex, but future fuzzy
- Education focus: JCCC CDL training puts students in the driver's seat for a new career