Lansing student attends camp
Lansing resident Kristin Hoffpauer joined nearly 60 other seventh- and eighth-graders from across Kansas at the second annual MoneySmart Financial Management Camp.
The camp is run by Kansas State Treasurer Lynn Jenkins.
"MoneySmart is a unique opportunity for Kansas's children," Jenkins said. "We focused on teaching finance and leadership skills, but combined it with horseback riding, canoeing and other traditional camp activities."
The camp was Sept. 23-25.
More like this story
- Bond increase for Kansas man charged with molestation
- Shatner to ride through Kansas on Thursday
- Education focus: JCCC CDL training puts students in the driver's seat for a new career
- Former Shawnee music teacher charged with molestation missing from house arrest
- 2 dead after shooting in Overland Park