Freshman volleyball wins Eudora Tournament
The Lansing High freshman volleyball team won its second straight tournament on Saturday when it blazed to a 4-0 record and won the Eudora Tournament.
LHS won the Atchison Tournament last week after going 6-0 during tournament play.
At Eudora, the Lions (25-8-1) dominated their three matches in pool play, winning all of them in two games. Lansing beat Wellsville (25-15, 25-14), Louisburg (25-20, 25-7) and Baldwin (25-16, 25-22) to advance to the championship game. LHS played Eudora in the finals and won 25-17, 11-25, 25-11, to take the title.
Team members are Natalie Loreti, Keasla Hundley, Brooke Didde, Sam Pendleton, Courtney Peters, Andrea Shanks, Dee Dee Clifford, Heather Kermascheck, Kenzi Smith, Megan Grimm and Katie Cristiano. The team is coached by Rhonda Lang.
The freshman volleyball team will close out its season at 5 p.m. Thursday at home when it plays host to Perry-Lecompton, Bonner Springs and Tonganoxie.
More like this story
- New Kansas rules would limit spending of welfare benefits
- Kansas City Connection: A bakery to satisfy your cookie addiction
- Dad of batboy, 9, who died, supports batboy tradition
- Kansas City Connection: Ugly sweaters, Legos for adults and KU basketball at the Sprint Center
- More Kansas teachers leaving state, retiring