Debaters shut out competition
Two Lansing High School students walked away from the Shawnee Mission North Invitational debate tournament with a first-place title in competition Saturday, Oct. 8.
Senior Chris Rohan and junior Miranda Nichols placed first out of 28 teams in the open division. They finished the day without a loss and defeated the second-place team by only one point.
Three other pairs from Lansing competed at the tournament. The team next competes Saturday, Oct. 29, in Baldwin.
More like this story
- Basehor recognizes police officers, public works employee who helped arrest sex offender
- Kansas ponders new protections for campus religious groups
- Kansas bill would require parental consent for sex education
- Stolen goods from Joyland park found with Louie the Clown
- New Kansas rules would limit spending of welfare benefits