Debaters shut out competition
Two Lansing High School students walked away from the Shawnee Mission North Invitational debate tournament with a first-place title in competition Saturday, Oct. 8.
Senior Chris Rohan and junior Miranda Nichols placed first out of 28 teams in the open division. They finished the day without a loss and defeated the second-place team by only one point.
Three other pairs from Lansing competed at the tournament. The team next competes Saturday, Oct. 29, in Baldwin.
More like this story
- Influx of same-sex marriages boon for wedding businesses
- Kansas opens state workers' health plan to same-sex spouses
- Kansas allows driver's license changes for same-sex spouses
- ACLU: Kansas' gay marriage laws should be stricken from book
- Basehor recognizes police officers, public works employee who helped arrest sex offender