Volleyball goes 1-2 at Mill Valley
Shawnee The Lansing High volleyball team posted a 1-2 record Tuesday night at the Mill Valley quadrangular, but the Lions will enter Class 5A sub-state action on Saturday as the No. 1 seed.
Lansing (29-5) had its 21-match winning streak snapped when it lost to St. Thomas Aquinas, 25-13, 25-14. The Saints are ranked No. 1 in the state in Class 5A. The Lions are ranked No. 5.
LHS later dropped a match to Olathe South, the No. 2 team in Class 6A, by a score of 25-14, 25-23. Lansing then bounced back and beat Mill Valley, 21-25, 25-18, 26-24.
For more on Lansing volleyball, pick up the Oct. 20 edition of The Current.
More like this story
- Reno County spending money to keep jail smelling good
- Kansas City Connection: The return of the Royals, and showtime for Middle of the Map
- Wichita animal control officers seek home for alligator
- Kansas student's budget documentary stirs controversy
- Kansas City Connection: Record Store Day, Malcolm Gladwell and Third Thursday