Breast cancer program offered
In celebration of the Breast Cancer Awareness Month, Providence Medical Center and the American Cancer Society are sponsoring a free breast cancer awareness program.
The program will be from 6:30 p.m. to 8 p.m. Thursday, Oct. 27, at Providence Medical Center, 8929 Parallel Parkway, Kansas City, Kan.
At the seminar, Dr. Lori Lindstrom, a Providence board-certified radiation oncologist will discuss breast cancer signs and symptoms, risk factors, statistics, prevention and the latest treatment options.
In addition, a cancer survivor will share her experience about defeating cancer.
Special booths also will be set up to provide participants with information regarding health education and community services. Refreshments will be served and door prizes provided.
Registration is required. To register or for more information, please call (913) 281-7777 or (800) 281-7777.
More like this story
- Fascinating fasteners: Bonner woman shares button hobby through 'traveling museum'
- Bobcats take down Wellington in state opener
- Birthday brings awareness of technological, societal progress
- Middle America braces for strong storms, possible tornadoes
- Kansas City Connection: Grinders Pizza and Celebration at the Station