JV football upends Basehor
The Lansing High junior varsity football team built a large lead and then hung on for a 22-14 victory Tuesday night at Basehor-Linwood.
The Lions scored twice in the final minute of the first half to take a 14-0. The first score came on a trick play when quarterback J.T. Collins lateraled the ball to Bobby Hauver, who threw deep to Justin Smith for a 60-yard touchdown. Then Tim Torchio had a 75-yard interception return for a touchdown. Lansing's final score came with Smith returned a punt 64 yards for a touchdown.
More like this story
- Wheat harvest tradition returns across Kansas
- Kansas House passes bill legalizing fantasy sports
- Kansas City Connection: Where comics, movies and TV shows come to life
- Kansas City Connection: The return of the Royals, and showtime for Middle of the Map
- Brownback's new commerce secretary has unique past