Volleyball sub-state bracket set
The Lansing High volleyball team will compete at 2 p.m. Saturday at the Class 5A volleyball sub-state tournament at Shawnee Heights High School.
Lansing (29-5) earned the No. 1 seed and will play its first-round match against the No. 8 seed, Wyandotte (1-30). The winner of the Lansing-Wyandotte match will play the winner of fourth-seeded Topeka Seaman (18-14) and fifth-seeded Washington (13-13) for a trip to state.
On the other side of the bracket, Shawnee Heights (24-9) earned the No. 2 seed and will play Highland Park (2-31) in the first round. The winner of that match will play the winner of third-seed Mill Valley (20-14) and sixth-seed Schlagle (11-17) for a trip to state.
To find out how Lansing does at sub-state, visit lansingcurrent.com on Saturday night.
More like this story
- New Kansas rules would limit spending of welfare benefits
- Kansas City Connection: Sushi and Sufjan
- Kansas City Connection: Sorting through the hoopla of the Big 12 tournament
- Kansas City Connection: Grinders Pizza and Celebration at the Station
- Kansas City Connection: A bakery to satisfy your cookie addiction