Chamber seeks Athena nominations
The Leavenworth-Lansing Area Chamber of Commerce is seeking nominations for the 2005 Athena Businesswoman of the Year Award.
The purpose of the Athena Award is to recognize a woman who, through a combination of her professionalism, business accomplishments, community service and chamber of commerce activity, has made significant contribution to the role of women in business.
The Leavenworth-Lansing Area Chamber of Commerce was one of the first chambers of commerce in the country to participate in the Athena Award Program, presenting its first Athena sculpture to the Leavenworth-Lansing area's Businesswoman of the Year in 1986.
Nominees must meet one of the following: She must either a chamber member, an employee of a chamber member, the spouse of a chamber member or the spouse of an employee of a chamber member.
All chamber members, women's organizations and individuals are urged to submit a nomination.
Forms are available at the chamber offices, 518 Shawnee St., in Leavenworth. Application forms are also available online at leavenworth-lansingareachamberofcommerce.com.
Nominations must be received at the Chamber offices by Monday, Nov. 14.
The award will be given during a luncheon on Nov. 22.
For more information, contact the chamber, 638-4112.
More like this story
- Kansas City Connection: More holiday events, tasty eats and food for your ears
- Kansas City Connection: Sorting through the hoopla of the Big 12 tournament
- Kansas City Connection: Ugly sweaters, Legos for adults and KU basketball at the Sprint Center
- Face to Face: Don Wheeler, Bonner Springs City Band Commission
- Kansas City Connection: Sushi and Sufjan