Ike’s war letter focus of program
The Leavenworth County Historical Society and the Lansing Historical Society are co-sponsoring a speaker from the Kansas Humanities Council.
Loren Pennington, an adjunct professor of American history at Emporia State University, will discuss Dwight D. Eisenhower's wartime correspondence to his wife. Pennington's presentation is titled "An American Soldier Writes Home: Letters to Mamie, 1941-1945."
The program will be 10:30 a.m. Saturday, Oct. 22, at the Lansing Historical Museum, 115 E. Kansas Ave.
Coffee and doughnuts will be served.
More like this story
- Kansas City Connection: Sushi and Sufjan
- Kansas City Connection: Eating recommendations for moms (and everyone else)
- Kansas City Connection: Grinders Pizza and Celebration at the Station
- Kansas City Connection: City Market a hub for delicious ethnic food
- Hanging of 'In Cold Blood' killers marks 50th anniversary