In praise of firefighters
Fire Prevention Week 2005 is now in our rearview mirror, but that doesn't mean it's too late to extend a warm, heartfelt thank you to all of the firefighters with Leavenworth County Fire District No. 1.
Firefighting is a thankless, underpaid and potentially dangerous job for those who are professionals. That goes double for those who are volunteer firefighters.
All of them undergo the training, respond to calls at any time of the day and put their lives on the line to make their community a safer place to live and work.
If you were one of the estimated 400 people to visit the main fire station for the district's open house Sunday, we hope you extended your thanks to the firefighters for their commitment. If you didn't take the opportunity to say thanks, or if you didn't attend the open house, please take the time to thank a firefighter the next time you see one.
More like this story
- Organization Orientation: Bonner Springs Business and Professional Women
- Bonner drama club provides performance outlet for secondary students
- Kansas City Connection: Sorting through the hoopla of the Big 12 tournament
- Kansas City Connection: A new home for Halls
- Kansas City Connection: Eating recommendations for moms (and everyone else)