Trick-or-Treat for breast cancer
Usually high school students are considered too old to trick-or-treat, but Lansing High School Kayettes will be out not to get candy, but money for charity.
Kayettes will participate in Trick-or-Treat for Breast Cancer next week, Oct. 24-27. They will be seeking monetary donations from 3:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. Monday through Wednesday and from 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. on Thursday.
Collections will go to the Susan Henke Miller Breast Cancer Research Fund at the Kansas Masonic Cancer Research Institute in Kansas City, Kan.
This is the third year of the Kayettes' Trick-or-Treat for Breast Cancer. They hope to raise $500 this year; last year, the event raised $430.
More like this story
- Kansas City Connection: A bakery to satisfy your cookie addiction
- Basehor-Linwood softball team sweeps Piper
- Kansas City Connection: Record Store Day, Malcolm Gladwell and Third Thursday
- Kansas City Connection: Eating recommendations for moms (and everyone else)
- Kansas City Connection: Banjos and beignets