Quintet to present French works
The Heart of America Woodwind Quintet will focus on French composers at a concert set for next month.
The quintet will present "French Impressions" at 7:30 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 19, at the Carnegie Arts Center, 601 S. Fifth St., in Leavenworth. The concert will include "Sextet" by Francis Poulenc, "Trois Pieces Breve" by Jacques Ibert, "Pastorale" by Gabriel Pierne and "Quintet" by Paul Taffanel. The ensemble will be joined by pianist Jamie Mattingly.
Admission is free, with donations accepted to benefit the Carnegie Arts Center.
More like this story
- Kansas City Connection: The return of the Royals, and showtime for Middle of the Map
- Face to Face: Bonner Springs Senior Center's Gloria Ochoa
- Rural Kansas road to become Home on the Range Highway
- Basehor-Linwood's Trowbridge wins national title
- Kansas City Connection: Sorting through the hoopla of the Big 12 tournament