Community band seeks musicians
The University of Saint Mary Community Band is searching for musicians for 2005-06.
Rehearsals will be from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. each Monday in the Walnut Room on the second floor of Mead Hall on the University of Saint Mary campus.
The band is composed of students, faculty and staff from the university, select students from area high schools and amateur and professional musicians from the community. The band presents Halloween and Christmas concerts during the fall semester, as well as various other performances.
Area string players who are interested in performing with university ensembles should contact the university.
The University of Saint Mary is at 4100 S. Fourth St., Leavenworth,
Call Freda Proctor at 758-6320 for more information.
More like this story
- Kansas City Connection: A bakery to satisfy your cookie addiction
- Kansas City Connection: Banjos and beignets
- Hanging of 'In Cold Blood' killers marks 50th anniversary
- Suspect in homicide case takes authorities on vehicle chase that ends in Basehor
- Artist hopes Bonner's 'Marble Crazy' event broadens horizons