Contractor donates to St. Vincent Clinic
An area electrical contractor's donation is helping Saint Vincent Clinic meet the health needs of the county's uninsured.
SKC Electric recently donated services and materials for lighting in the basement of the clinic, at 422 Walnut St., Leavenworth.
"SKC Electric's generosity in providing lighting downstairs makes the clinic's basement a usable space, an extension of the healing environment that we strive to provide for our patients," said Sister Jennifer Gordon, Saint Vincent Clinic manager.
In the past 17 years, the clinic has provided over 65,000 primary health care visits to more than 15,000 individuals who live at or below 150 percent of the Federal Poverty Level and who have no form of health insurance.
It is estimated that there are more than 7,000 uninsured people within Leavenworth County, and the number of uninsured continues to grow.
For more information about the clinic, call Debbie Sparks or Gordon at 651-8860.
More like this story
- Operation of linotype once a valuable skill
- Adult students find success with Bonner-based diploma completion program
- USD 458 board reviews culinary program, other high school developments
- USD 458 reviews plans for BLHS technical center, other construction
- Face to Face: Bonner Springs High secretary Cindy Stephens