Lansing Middle School football season beings
The Lansing Middle School eighth-grade football team didn't like the final result of its season-opener - a 34-6 loss to Monticello Trails on Tuesday at home - but the Lions sure liked the way they finished the game.
After being held scoreless for the entire game, quarterback Cullen Demarest dropped back, faked a handoff, rolled out and sprinted for the corner of the end zone. The offensive line and receivers blocked well, and Demarest sprinted in for a touchdown as time expired.
The big finish was just one of numerous bright spots for the Lions. The running game found some success as Richie O'Donnell, Preston Rooker, Mike Cloke and Marcus Linaweaver all made big runs.
The eighth-grade football team next plays at 4 p.m. Tuesday at Linwood.
SEVENTH GRADE WINS
The LMS seventh-grade football team won its season-opener on Tuesday at Monticello Trails, 12-0. Touchdowns were scored by Parker Gibson and Dillon Scanlon.
The Lions next play at 4 p.m. Tuesday at home against Linwood.
More like this story
- Penalty phase in Jewish site shootings trial to continue
- The Latest on Jewish shootings: Jury weighing death sentence
- Man charged in Jewish site killings sought to explain motive
- Man convicted in Jewish site killings is sentenced to death
- Community walk to mark 1-year anniversary of shootings at Jewish sites