LHS grads pledge KU sororities
Two Lansing High School graduates are among the 588 sorority pledges this fall at the University of Kansas.
Melissa Casto, a freshman in prejournalism and the daughter of Jennifer and Robert Casto of Leavenworth, has pledged with Kappa Delta sorority.
Erin Jones, a junior in KU's College of Liberal Arts and Sciences and the daughter of Gary and Beth Jones of Leavenworth, has pledged with Sigma Kappa sorority.
More than 750 women took part in recruitment, and all 13 of KU's Panhellenic Association sororities added members through recruitment, said Laura Bauer, program director for KU Fraternity and Sorority Life.
More like this story
- KCMO gallery plans Ulmer exhibit
- Kansas City Connection: Banjos and beignets
- Kansas City Connection: Record Store Day, Malcolm Gladwell and Third Thursday
- Kansas City Connection: Library activities go way beyond books
- Kansas City Connection: The return of the Royals, and showtime for Middle of the Map