Youth group meeting weekly
A nondenominational club for children age 3 through sixth grade is meeting each Wednesday at First Baptist Church, 340 N. 13th St., Leavenworth.
AWANA meets at 6:30 p.m. in the church's fellowship hall.
Club activities include learning Bible verses as well as playing games and earning awards.
There is no cost to join, but parents are asked to pay for the cost of the books when possible.
Parents can to spend a night at the club to see what it's all about, club leader Bill Winzenburg said.
AWANA meetings will be Wednesday nights through May 10.
Call the church at 682-4426 for more information.
More like this story
- Feds: Hotel owners replaced legal workers with immigrants
- Kansas City Connection: Don't be a stranger to this pie social
- Kansas GOP, Democrats plan early March presidential caucuses
- Kansas City Connection: Where comics, movies and TV shows come to life
- Kansas City Connection: Char Bar, Sleater-Kinney, Zubaz and giant Lego sculptures