Fort Leavenworth honors president of Indonesia
Fort Leavenworth Monday was a red-letter day at Fort Leavenworth, and not just because a foreign head of state was visiting.
Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono, president of Indonesia, was inducted into the International Hall of Fame at the Command and General Staff College at the fort in a short ceremony at the school's Eisenhower Auditorium in Bell Hall. He attended the college in 1990-91.
The occasion marked two firsts: It was the first visit by a foreign head of state to the base, and Yudhoyono is the first head of state to be inducted to the hall of fame while in office.
For more on the story, see Thursday's edition of The Lansing Current.
More like this story
- Kansas City Connection: Sushi and Sufjan
- Kansas City Connection: Sorting through the hoopla of the Big 12 tournament
- Kansas City Connection: A new home for Halls
- Kansas City Connection: The return of the Royals, and showtime for Middle of the Map
- Proposal to hike ag land taxes spawns backlash from Kansas farmers