Fort Leavenworth honors president of Indonesia
Fort Leavenworth Monday was a red-letter day at Fort Leavenworth, and not just because a foreign head of state was visiting.
Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono, president of Indonesia, was inducted into the International Hall of Fame at the Command and General Staff College at the fort in a short ceremony at the school's Eisenhower Auditorium in Bell Hall. He attended the college in 1990-91.
The occasion marked two firsts: It was the first visit by a foreign head of state to the base, and Yudhoyono is the first head of state to be inducted to the hall of fame while in office.
For more on the story, see Thursday's edition of The Lansing Current.
More like this story
- Kansas City Connection: Sushi and Sufjan
- Kansas City Connection: Dance festival, Big Picnic, Van Halen make braving summer heat worth it
- Kansas City Connection: Don't be a stranger to this pie social
- Kansas City Connection: Sorting through the hoopla of the Big 12 tournament
- Basehor-Linwood edges Maranatha in overtime