Daisy B. Inman
Leavenworth Services for Daisy B. Inman, 87, Leavenworth, were Tuesday at Barnett-Larkin-Brown Funeral Home, Leavenworth. Burial was at Sunset Memorial Cemetery.
Mrs. Inman died Sunday, Sept. 11, 2005, at her home.
She was born July 13, 1918, in Vincennes, Iowa, the daughter of Otto F. and Mary (Jackson) Kempes.
She married Joseph O. Inman in Keokuk, Iowa. He died Aug. 5, 1974.
Mrs. Inman was a personal home care attendant for many years, and she previously worked as a motel manager in Seaside, Calif., and as a seamstress.
She attended Jarbalo United Methodist Church and was a member of the American Legion Auxiliary.
Survivors include her daughter, Judie D. Zielinski, Easton; a brother, Thomas Kempkes, Carthage, Ill., a sister, Betty Parsons, Hurst, Texas; five grandchildren; and 13 great-grandchildren.
A son, Sidney L. "Bud" Stringer, also died earlier.
The family suggests memorials to Leavenworth Hospice or Salvation Army Katrina Storm Relief Fund, sent in care of the funeral home, 707 S. Sixth St., Leavenworth 66048.
More like this story
- Kansas City Connection: The return of the Royals, and showtime for Middle of the Map
- Kansas City Connection: Record Store Day, Malcolm Gladwell and Third Thursday
- Kansas City Connection: Sorting through the hoopla of the Big 12 tournament
- Kansas considers changes to policies for state workers
- Brownback urges Kansas House to pass GOP school funding plan