Betty Jean Wetzel
Leavenworth A vigil for Betty Jean Wetzel, 68, Leavenworth, will be at 1:30 p.m. Monday, Sept. 19, at Barnett-Larkin-Brown Funeral Home, Leavenworth. Burial will be in Leavenworth National Cemetery.
Mrs. Wetzel died Wednesday, Sept. 14, 2005, at Overland Park Regional Hospital.
She was born Oct. 21, 1936, in North Little Rock, Ark., the daughter of William and Delia (Cooper) Platt.
Mrs. Wetzel had worked at the Veterans Affairs Hospital for 22 years before her retirement in 1990.
She was a member of the Veterans of Foreign Wars Auxiliary for 25 years.
On Feb. 6, 1953, she married Dallas Charles Wetzel in Leavenworth. He died Dec. 31, 1989.
Survivors include two sons, William Wetzel, Pensacola, Fla., and Richard Wetzel, Lansing; two daughters, Joan Orndorff, Leavenworth, and Shirley Oylear, Easton; seven grandchildren; and three great-grandchildren.
Friends may call after 4 p.m. Sunday at the funeral home, where the family will receive friends from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. Sunday.
The family suggests memorials to American Diabetes Association, send in care of the funeral home, 707 S. Sixth St., Leavenworth 66048
More like this story
- Audit finds UMKC business school ran up deficit to boost ranking
- Confirmed mountain lion sightings rise in Missouri, Kansas
- Kansas schools, colleges, hospitals would feel sting of cuts
- Kansas City Connection: Where comics, movies and TV shows come to life
- Large, $4.7M bulk solids research plant opens in Salina