District delays action on purchase of 11 acres
There was no decision at Monday night's Basehor-Linwood School Board meeting regarding the district's purchase of approximately 11 acres of vacant land near Glenwood Ridge Elementary School.
School officials said details of the final contract are still being finalized.
The school district and a residential developer have agreed to a price for the property, which is just north of 157th Terrace, the entrance road into the elementary school. But district officials will wait until the contract is concluded before disclosing the figure.
In other action, the school board:
- Approved, 7-0, travel to New York City for the Basehor-Linwood High School Dazzlers dance team, which will participate in the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade in November.
- Approved, 7-0, the 2004-05 audit report.
- Approved, 7-0, a resolution for omitting mandatory provisions prescribed in Senate Bill 48.
- Approved, 7-0, the resignation of Robin Basso-Cordt, a custodian at Glenwood Ridge Elementary School.
- Approved, 7-0, the contracts of Susan Eberth, a second-grade teacher at Basehor Elementary School; Alicia St. Clair, a part-time kindergarten teacher and math assistant at Glenwood Ridge Elementary School; Tracy Still, a counselor at the Basehor-Linwood sixth-grade center; Ken Couch, an assistant volleyball coach at Basehor-Linwood Middle School; Jeff Johnson, a custodian at Glenwood Ridge; and Shelia Callahan, registrar at Basehor-Linwood High School.