Fort joins in relief operations
Fort Leavenworth has been providing support to hurricane relief operations.
The Center for Army Lessons Learned has provided relief operation tactics, techniques and procedures to the affected states and select National Guard units.
Five liaison officers from the center are in the area affected by Hurricane Katrina, and the center expects to have a collection and analysis team in the area by Friday, Sept. 16.
The collection and analysis team will conduct a field collection of lessons learned in the wake of the disaster.
More like this story
- Kansas Supreme Court to consider convicted killer's appeal
- Kansas City Connection: The return of the Royals, and showtime for Middle of the Map
- Feds: Hotel owners replaced legal workers with immigrants
- Kansas student's budget documentary stirs controversy
- 8 years after tornado, Greensburg to have theater again