Historical Society plans yard sale
The Lansing Historical Society wants area residents to scour their garages and attics for items to donate to an upcoming fund-raiser.
The society will conduct a yard sale beginning at 8 a.m. Oct. 1 on the deck of the Lansing Historical Museum, 115 E. Kansas Ave.
"We're asking people to donate goods and to attend and buy someone else's castoffs as their own treasures," said Linda Lockwood, the society's president.
Lockwood said anyone who wishes to donate can drop off goods between 1 p.m. and 5 p.m. Friday, Sept. 30, at the museum.
More like this story
- Brownback urges Kansas House to pass GOP school funding plan
- GOP plan to overhaul Kansas school aid could move quickly
- Face to Face: Bonner Springs Senior Center's Gloria Ochoa
- Audit finds UMKC business school ran up deficit to boost ranking
- Kansas lawmakers seek classroom tweaks in school budget row