Historical Society plans yard sale
The Lansing Historical Society wants area residents to scour their garages and attics for items to donate to an upcoming fund-raiser.
The society will conduct a yard sale beginning at 8 a.m. Oct. 1 on the deck of the Lansing Historical Museum, 115 E. Kansas Ave.
"We're asking people to donate goods and to attend and buy someone else's castoffs as their own treasures," said Linda Lockwood, the society's president.
Lockwood said anyone who wishes to donate can drop off goods between 1 p.m. and 5 p.m. Friday, Sept. 30, at the museum.
More like this story
- Kansas lawmakers seek classroom tweaks in school budget row
- 2015 Candidate questionnaire: Gary Johnson, USD 458 Board of Education
- Kansas school funding plan aimed at ending budget surprises
- Kansas bill would require parental consent for sex education
- Proposal to hike ag land taxes spawns backlash from Kansas farmers