Vocal recital slated at center
Carnegie Arts Center will present a joint vocal recital by baritone William Krusemark and his student, tenor Ryan Harris, at 3 p.m. Sunday, Sept. 25.
Krusemark is chair of fine arts and professor of music at the University of Saint Mary, where he has taught since 1978. He has performed more than 25 roles with Lyric Opera of Kansas City and a world premiere with Kansas City's Summerfest.
Harris is a senior at USM, majoring in liberal studies with emphases in vocal music and Spanish.
Allyson Walters, staff pianist and piano instructor at the Carnegie Arts Center, will accompany at the piano.
Their program, titled "To Music," will include songs in German, French, Spanish and English by such composers as Schubert and Brahms and include "classic" popular songs by George Gershwin and Cole Porter.
Carnegie Arts Center is at 601 S. Fifth St., Leavenworth.
More like this story
- Kansas City Connection: A celebration of beer
- Bonner drama club provides performance outlet for secondary students
- Historic endeavor: BLHS students head to national competition
- Kansas City Connection: 36 Months in Kansas City
- Breaking the mold: Male teachers at Bonner school serve as role models, break stereotype