JV volleyball second at Louisburg
Louisburg The Lansing High junior varsity volleyball team placed second on Saturday at the Louisburg Tournament.
The Lions (8-3) cruised through pool play as they defeated Bonner Springs (25-16, 25-14), Paola (25-15, 17-25, 15-9) and Prairie View (25-23, 25-21). In the semifinals, LHS rallied to beat Louisburg, 20-25, 25-15, 15-10. The finals were much tougher, however, as Lansing faced 6A school Olathe South and lost 13-25, 25-27.
Team members are junior Elizabeth Cristiano, sophomores Katie Nietzke, Morgan Chiles, Sara Logan, Kristen Jensen, Katie Smith, Brittney Lang, Amanda Darrow, Erin Griffen, Kelsey Hoppe and freshman Brittney Lang.
The JV Lions next play at 5:30 p.m. Tuesday at home against Immaculata and Santa Fe Trail. The varsity squad also will play at home that night.
More like this story
- Brownback makes appointments to commissions, boards
- Kansas court's approval of death sentence not seen as shift
- Kansas City Connection: 36 Months in Kansas City
- Education focus: Academic boot camp program puts veterans back in the classroom
- Parent thanks USD 204 staff for education of her special-needs son