Services for Imogene "Genie" Y. Cordt, 61, Lansing, will be at 10 a.m. Wednesday at St. Paul Lutheran Church, Leavenworth. Burial will be in Mount Muncie Cemetery.
Mrs. Cordt died Saturday, Sept. 17, 2005, at her home.
She was born April 6, 1944, in McIntire, Iowa, the daughter of Clarence F. and Sarah E. (Norman) Roberts.
Mrs. Cordt had worked for Sears for many years as manager of the tool department and previously had been manager of the Leavenworth McDonald's. She was a member of St. Paul Lutheran Church.
She married Richard Cordt on Dec. 19, 1986, in Leavenworth. He died Jan. 5, 2003.
An infant son, Ronald Wages, also died earlier.
Survivors include a son, William R. Wages, Orlando, Fla.; a daughter, Michelle A. Wages, Excel, Ala.; two stepsons, Richard Cordt, Liberty, Mo., and Robert Cordt, Leavenworth; two stepdaughters, Carolyn Fryman and Pam Brushwood, both of Leavenworth; a brother, Ray R., Perry, Iowa; former husband, Lowell Wages, Excel, Ala.; 16 grandchildren; and six great-grandchildren.
Friends may call from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. Tuesday at Belden-Sexton-Sumpter Funeral Chapel, Leavenworth.
The family suggests memorials to St. Paul Lutheran Church or Kansas City Hospice, sent in a care of Belden-Sexton-Sumpter Funeral Chapels, 500 Oak St., Leavenworth 66048.
More like this story
- Tonganoxie man arrested on suspicion of child endangerment, alcohol charges
- Tonganoxie police investigating sexual assault case involving 13-year-old
- Kansas' broad marijuana bill attracts bulk of GOP votes
- New Kansas rules would limit spending of welfare benefits
- Health Department workshop teaches health-related community planning