Debate team earns awards
Lansing High School's debaters started their competition season with three teams placing at the Leavenworth High School tournament on Saturday, Sept. 17.
In the novice division, juniors Paige Rude and Matt Peterson placed second with a 5-0 record and received a trophy. Sophomore Hal Laurence and junior Matt Fischer earned sixth place and a medal in the novice division with a 4-1 record.
Senior Chris Rohan and junior Miranda Nichols placed seventh with a 4-1 record in the open division and also earned a medal.
Ten LHS students competed at the Leavenworth tournament. The team next competes Saturday, Sept. 24, at the LHS tournament.
More like this story
- Face to Face: USD 204 administrative assistant Stormi Vitt
- Hanging of 'In Cold Blood' killers marks 50th anniversary
- Face to Face: Basehor High principal Sherry Reeves
- Face to Face: Bonner Springs pastor Cynthia Meyer
- Fascinating fasteners: Bonner woman shares button hobby through 'traveling museum'