Lions outduel KC Christian
Lansing posts fourth shutout of season
The Lansing High boys soccer team played its third game in four days when it traveled to Kansas City Christian on Thursday afternoon, but the Lions showed no signs of being tired as they picked up their third victory of the week.
Lansing 2, KC Christian 0.
The loss was just the second this year for KC Christian, the third-ranked team in the state in Class 4-1A. On Wednesday Lansing beat Immaculata, the No.2-ranked team in Class 4-1A. Last week LHS also beat the No. 4-ranked 4-1A team in the state, Maranatha Academy.
The Lions (7-1 overall, 4-1 Kaw Valley League) ran their winning streak to six games as junior forward Andy Dick and senior forward Ty Thackston each scored for LHS. Junior goalkeeper Alex Burton notched his fourth shutout between the pipes.
The Lions have outscored their opponents 38-7 this year.
Lansing next plays at 6 p.m. Tuesday at Bishop Ward. The Lions also play at 6 p.m. Wednesday at home against Turner, followed by a 6 p.m. Thursday home game against Mill Valley.
More like this story
- Kansas City Connection: Record Store Day, Malcolm Gladwell and Third Thursday
- Kansas City Connection: It’s showtime for theater festivals
- Kansas City Connection: Fourth of July fireworks, folk art at the Nelson
- Kansas City Connection: Banjos and beignets
- Kansas City Connection: Library activities go way beyond books