Council approves new subdivision
The Basehor City Council gave the greenlight Monday to developers of Metzger Meadows, a new residential subdivision on Leavenworth Road.
Metzger Meadows includes 14 single-family homes on 4.83 acres at 15749 Leavenworth Road. All homes in the development will be built on lots at least 10,000 square feet, in accordance with city codes.
By a 4-1 vote, council members approved the development's final plat and subdivision improvements agreement during its meeting Monday. Council member Bill Hooker voted against the development.
Ed McIntosh, developer of the Wolf Creek Junction commercial and retail park at the northeast corner of 155th Street and State Avenue, is the chief builder of Metzger Meadows.
In other news, the City Council:
- Approved, 5-0, the second reading of ordinance 478 regarding a franchise agreement with Atmos Energy.
- Approved, 5-0, a maintenance agreement for software support with FundBalance Inc.
- Approved, 5-0, a proclamation deeming Sept. 17 through 23 as Constitution Week.
- Approved, 4-1, an employment agreement for a building inspector. City Council member Bill Hooker voted in opposition against the agreement.
- Approved, 4-1, an employment agreement with police chief Terry Horner. Hooker was the lone vote of opposition.
- Tabled a contract agreement for the city administrator position.
- Approved, 4-1, a contract with Larkin Co., to conduct a study of the city's wastewater treatment facility.