LHS to stay in Class 5A
Football will move to 5A in 2006
Lansing High School's sports teams - with the exception of football - will compete in Class 5A postseason activities again this year, the Kansas High School Activities Association announced at noon today.
The Lions jumped from Class 4A to Class 5A for the first time last year, and they were the smallest of the state's 32 schools in 5A. LHS will be the smallest 5A school again this year.
The biggest news to come out of Tuesday's announcement was that the Lansing football team will begin playing in the 5A postseason beginning next year. Football teams are reclassified every two years, so the Lions will compete in 5A during the 2006 and 2007 seasons.
For more on Lansing's classification, pick up the Sept. 29 edition of The Current.
More like this story
- Kansas City Connection: Record Store Day, Malcolm Gladwell and Third Thursday
- Kansas City Connection: Banjos and beignets
- Kansas City Connection: The return of the Royals, and showtime for Middle of the Map
- Kansas City Connection: Sushi and Sufjan
- Kansas governor signs nation's 1st ban on abortion procedure