Mental illness issues come into focus
The National Alliance for the Mentally Ill (NAMI) of Northeast Kansas/Leavenworth will sponsor several events in conjunction with National Mental Illness Awareness Week, Oct. 2-8.
On Monday, the group will present "Examining Mental Health Issues Throughout the Lifespan: A Local Perspective" from 7 p.m. to 8:45 p.m. at the Leavenworth Public Library meeting room, 417 Spruce.
A candlelight vigil will be held Tuesday at 7 p.m. at First Presbyterian Church, 407 Walnut, Leavenworth.
Thursday, from 7 p.m. to 8:45 p.m., the group will sponsor "Leveling the Playing Field: Eliminating Unintended Consequences of Mental Illness" in the main lobby of Veterans Administration Building 160, 4101 S. Fourth St.
Throughout the week, "Know the Signs of Depression" pamphlets will be available at local restaurants.
Events are free and open to the public, but reservations are recommended. To RSVP, call Sharon, 682-5021, or Lynn, 651-0376.
More like this story
- Kansas City Connection: Sushi and Sufjan
- Kansas City Connection: Grinders Pizza and Celebration at the Station
- Basehor accordionist shares 'alien' instrument with grade schoolers
- Education focus: JCCC CDL training puts students in the driver's seat for a new career
- No charges after federal probe into Kansas election loans